Sunday, January 16, 2005

what do you do for fun

Posted by Palin Freeborn on 02-05-2002 11:36 AM

Cool

I know you guys and gals are incredible writers and storytellers. Now I was curious about what you do in your free time (besides coming here). I'm an avid gamer and I spend a good deal of my time playing RPGs and other fantasy based games, such as the PC game Might and Magic 7. That has kinda inspired some of the writing I do here. Do you play video games? Or just have an over-active imagination? I'm interested in hearing your source of inspiration or whatever else.


Palin
__________________

Being a hero is not some title to obtain or a term to be used lightly. It is a matter of essence and is reserved for those with only heart and soul guiding their actions.

Palin Freeborn


Posted by Bara Chinder on 02-05-2002 12:27 PM

I used to play fantasy and scifi war games, card games and roleplayers. ( I used to LARP a bit too).

I also play rugby, used to play basketball but its shite in Ireland.

I spend more time than should on the playstation and computer and I eat lots.

I have a small obsession with old sierra games.

Thats all i care to tell.
styles
__________________
If pro is the opposite of con, then progress is the opposite of congress.


Posted by Keiru Cobalt on 02-05-2002 01:30 PM

Question Free time...

Sometimes this term seems so strange...

Well, I spend a good deal of time working as a biomedical engineer. I'd be here more often were it not for my responsibilities to the profession...

I have played D&D most of my life, and some other individuals on the boards (namely K. Emerald, K. Onyx, and K. Top-ass) have participated in a three year campaign that continues to this day... Much of me is devoted to developing this story that we have committed so much of our time together creating.

I also play violin in a band, but, most of the time, my band screws me over (like losing my amp and refusing to reimburse me).

I spend another huge portion of my time loving my girlfriend. To me, it's a very important comittment.

And, when Keiru Top-ass can convince me, I also like to frizbee golf.

Other things: painting miniatures, ROLLERBLADING, paintball, ghost-hunting, eating at Hogmallet's Inn, playing Diablo II and Baldur's Gate II...
__________________


Advisor and mediator
emeritus...with sideburns.

"Yo, ho, ho, and a bottle of Bhulenpazzen's rum."


Posted by Keiru Emerald on 02-05-2002 03:16 PM

A lot of my free time is devoted to this site, and I love every second I sink into it.

Diablo 2 is another of my vices.. poor Vholm, may the barbarian spirits (and voice) guide his soul to the Arreat Summit.

Class eats my time too, but none eat more of my time than latin 4..

*thinks* Yeah, D&D is fun, when I can get into it. And, I've always had a personal connection to Mage: The Ascension as well. Vampire rules too.

And then there's the occational party night when all of my homeyz get together and drizzidrink our sizziselfes into issaoblivion.

Well, that about it, *pours Long Island Ice Teas for everyone* Bottoms Up!!!


__________________

-You say you want a revolution, Well you know, We all want to change the world
You tell me that it's evolution, Well you know, We all want to change the world


Posted by Keiru Ruby on 02-05-2002 04:48 PM

In my free-time I enjoy committing myself to my theater and performing in musicals. I also enjoy drawing and watching anime.


__________________

"Words are powerless to express one's feelings, and sometimes they become a silver knife."


Posted by Leo Saotome on 02-05-2002 07:13 PM

Which Reminds Me...

I also devote alot of time to the artes of a Thespian (which also reminds me of my favorite video game line: "Thesbian?! I thought only girls could be thesbians?"(Swordsman Kyle in Lunar, Silver Star Story, after being congratulated on his acting by long time girlfriend on and off, the Priestess Jessica)), Plays and Musicals and all those. Under my belt, I've got all the degrading Elementary/Middle School Plays, The Policeman, Freddie, Karl, the only base in all the songs, Maude, and pretty much all the other non-lead male roles in Bye Bye Birdie, I forget who in Wild West Women, and am currently working on the role of "Mr. March" in Little Women.

Video games currently suck up alot of my time- I own a library of RPG's larger than any normal person should have. Current works are Final Fantasy X, Onimusha, and Dark Cloud.

And of course, there's Rune Aeterna...

Note: Thanks to Topaz for pointing out my error. The line by Kyle was spelled that way, so..
__________________


~Leo Saotome

Intelligent, soft-spoken, and aggreeable.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw


Posted by Keiru Ruby on 02-05-2002 07:19 PM

Heh...yeah I forgot to mention the site. I practically haunt the forums. ^^;

Anyway, musicals I have under my belt include The Music Man (teen dancer), Bye Bye Birdie(another teen dancer with solos and a few lines), The Mikado (Pitti Sing), Oklahoma (Giggling Gertie), and I'm currently rehearsing for HMS Pinafore and in that I'm a relative of Sir Joseph. (Basically ensemble)




__________________

"Words are powerless to express one's feelings, and sometimes they become a silver knife."


Posted by Seliah duKasi ShrLan on 02-05-2002 08:09 PM

Evil Free Time

Free time? What's that? *looks around kind of clueless for a moment then grins*

Free time... h'mm. Okay, here's generally what I ca nbe found doing in my free time...

Reading
Writing
Singing
Writing
Drawing
Writing
Playing (musical instruments, i mean)
Writing
Listening to music
Writing
Image Editing
Writing
HTML Coding/Webpage Designing
Writing
Chatting (RPG)
Writing
Writing
Writing...

*eg*

I'm all over the MB's, namely, Delphi, in my free time. I run two games, one of which is quite a handful, LOL.

This board, although I'm currently (in another window, lol, multitasker that I am) working on the writeup for something for this board... but I do have to say, I am very relieved to find a board where flames do not abound, and disagreements between players are not all over the place... Delphi is sometimes rife with such things, and it is very refreshing to see that flames/arguments do not always go hand in hand with players.

__________________
--Seli


Posted by Keiru Topaz on 02-05-2002 09:19 PM

Thesbian...?

Just so you know, it's thespian. I'm not sure if you were joking or not.

Nonetheless, in my free time, I like to hang out with my friends, play disc golf, and just relax. My schoolin' also takes a small as possible role in my life, even though my major is theatre. Now you'd think I'd be happy in my classes, but the U of Iowa doesn't really let me take theatre classes... strange, no? Anyway, in a few weeks I'm auditioning in St. Louis for Midwest Summerstock, so hopefully I'll get a job acting over break. Needless to say, I've been devoting a good deal of time getting my monologue down... I REALLY don't want to end up in a factory this summer.
__________________

"Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff."
- Frank Zappa


Posted by Bara Chinder on 02-06-2002 12:47 PM

I also find a strange facination with tiping over a cow. I spend huge a mounts of time in a cinema very close to college. In this wonderful cinema we can catch 2 ar 3 movies for the price of one.
__________________
If pro is the opposite of con, then progress is the opposite of congress.


Posted by Palin Freeborn on 02-08-2002 06:09 PM

Cool Same here.........

I myself am a big fan of cinema. I have a thing about being on top of every new movie that comes out. I pride myself on my knowledge of many movies.

Palin
__________________

Being a hero is not some title to obtain or a term to be used lightly. It is a matter of essence and is reserved for those with only heart and soul guiding their actions.

Palin Freeborn


Posted by Tygan deParte on 02-08-2002 09:01 PM

Fun....hmmmmm

Well I write song lyrics and I practice Sikaran (A form of martial arts).

I do sports like Basketball and Football, but not for any teams or anything, just play them with friends.

Skiing is also up there, need something to do during the winter season.
__________________

Can't say you'll lose if you never try.
Can't say you won if you happen to die.


Posted by Orocia Agua on 02-08-2002 11:39 PM

Evil As requested: (you know who you are)

SHIZNAWASKY!

I like to tip cows.


Posted by Til'Sylvanna Evenstar on 02-20-2002 12:17 AM

Draw, paint... mess around on the computer.... Read, write... play D&D... ummm... honestly having sex is one of my favorite things to do for fun... quite honestly.

(Like YOU don't!!!!)

*grin*
__________________

Alone? We are never alone, so long as the stars yet shine in the Heavens, Darkness can never harm the true of heart.


Posted by Keiru Onyx on 02-20-2002 02:34 PM

Angry

Sex??? Grrrr... my g/f lives 100 miles away. *sheds a single tear for Silver* Ok, since sex is out I'm going to go with anything that involves me doing nothing. I like listening to music, working on web design, and watching movies. And if there's a rave nearby, I'll actually get off my *** and do something. I like raves, I like them gooooood!
__________________
"The blackest of Asherian stones, the Onyx, is relished for its omnicient properties."


Posted by Til'Sylvanna Evenstar on 02-20-2002 02:45 PM

*raises an eyebrow*

A party boy, huh? Very nice!

*evil grin*

Raves are fun... at least until the man shows up...
__________________

Alone? We are never alone, so long as the stars yet shine in the Heavens, Darkness can never harm the true of heart.


Posted by Leo Saotome on 02-20-2002 03:37 PM

Sex? Feh. I guess I'm one of the few males not interested in sex on any level. (If you don't beleive me, ask Orocia about one of our more interesting conversations.)

At any rate.. another thing I pass my time on is set construction for upcoming plays. The pay sucks (my high school's Theater class pays nothing but good grades, but the college gives minimum wage to non-college students like myself), but it's something to do while I wait to actually be in the play. Speaking of which, Little Women starts tomorrow. Wish me luck!
__________________


~Leo Saotome

Intelligent, soft-spoken, and aggreeable.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw


Posted by Keiru Ruby on 02-20-2002 03:54 PM

At least your significant other is within a reasonable driving distance, Onyx. *sulks*
__________________

"Words are powerless to express one's feelings, and sometimes they become a silver knife."


Posted by Leo Saotome on 02-20-2002 04:16 PM

*chuckles*

Atleast you -have- a significant other, Ruby.

Not that I'm looking for one, but don't look a gift lover on the map.
__________________


~Leo Saotome

Intelligent, soft-spoken, and aggreeable.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw


Posted by Keiru Onyx on 02-21-2002 01:32 AM

Unhappy

My appologies ruby!! I shall revise a previous statement to note that I shed a single tear for both you and Silver!! Distance = not fun! I SALUTE YOU BOTH! *Takes off hat and holds it over heart, then plays She's So Heavy by the beatles*
__________________
"The blackest of Asherian stones, the Onyx, is relished for its omnicient properties."


Posted by Keiru Ruby on 02-21-2002 12:16 PM

*detects a hint of sarcasm* No need to be facetious Onyx.

But yes, distance sucks. T_T
__________________

"Words are powerless to express one's feelings, and sometimes they become a silver knife."


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?