Thursday, January 20, 2005

Redefinition

Avatar Scriptkeeper

I think that we should, for once, take advantage of the fact that Aeterna does not actually exist. Things have gotten so complicated because we've been around long enough to have differing viewpoints.

I propose a redefinition of things, a streamlining effort, if you will. The magic system is rediculously complicated for something that is so rarely referenced. Therefore, I propose that we ignore continuity just this once, and unify the magic systems. It's absurd to say there's two types of magic. I'll write a treatise up on the unified magic system (including the best aspects of Ki and Terra), their effects on/from all known races.

Secondly, something we've often attempted and abandoned, a list of organizations, with the basic rules as set forth by their creators. Nothing too in depth as to be (again) rediculously complicated, just something so that these 'organizations' aren't just there for the person who (conveniently) invented them.

I'll do a basic outline of the Elwain, based on the cumulative treatise. No offense to anyone involved with the Elwain (au contraire, I think it's great), but it's simply too deep for the casual role player to get into. It will be a mandatory read for those characters who wish to be Elwain, of course, but for simple interaction (when it occurs), this will suffice.

Removal of unused elements from the story. I don't think we have anything out there that is totally useless, except perhaps for the Silverblades, and to be fair, that's still used, but most people just claim they practiced their whole lives, which is sorta unacceptable...

__________________
Keiru Jade

While I understand your decider to streamline things I personally like the two types of magic and the different ways that each interact with the world. Now they could be simplified so that they are easier to pick up but I think merging the two would be a great loose to the site and it unique flavor.

__________________
Keiru Cobalt

Here's what I don't understand. I've usually provided sound advice and have never meant to waylay the site in any manner,so, that said, I say to you and Jake: I'm finding it strange that, every time even the smallest debate arises, one of you two suddenly appears to "settle the matter once and for all," even when it doesn't really affect you or concern you, or even the site for that matter. That fine if that's the way you want to handle it, but I don't think its fair at all, and I rarely debate what's fair when it comes to you and Jake. If you think I'm off base, then I'll call either of you on being hypocrites, because, as far as this whole Elwain thing is concerned, that's just what both of you did in one why or the other: stepped in and said "okay, I'll fix it," when, really, neither of you felt the need to before until others made suggestions and offered to take care of it. Sometimes, that can't go, but for the Elwain, I don't understand why you don't just cede all the crap to me. That's what I'm interested in, and that's what keeps me happy. Like I told Jake, I have NEVER asked for much at all. Not ONE piece of Ivernes was even offered to me for development, but I didn't care. Just think on what I'm asking of you guys. That's all I ask.

__________________

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?